Saturday, May 21, 2011

High School Girlfriends. . .


I've known these girls for most of my life!! I can't remember ever not knowing Jess (we went to the same church as little kids) and I "met" Nikki in the 4th grade. (Long story short, Nikki and I went to different grade schools, but liked the same boy and quickly came to hear of each other. Little did I know she'd be in my life forever!!) After a really great week in Ottumwa, we headed towards Moundridge, making a stop in Kansas City to see these girls. While the men talked at one end of the table and the kids devoured their massive sticky buns, Nikki, Jess and I talked like we haven't been apart for the past 13 years! I was so happy it worked out to see those girls!! They remind me of my childhood and adolescence and I always walk away smiling after I've spent time with them!