Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sick Girl. . .


A few days before her birthday, Emma came down with a fever and a runny nose. I was thankful for a lazy weekend at home. We snuggled a lot. I love that she still loves to snuggle with me every day, especially in the mornings. It's very rare that she falls asleep in my lap, though. This particular Saturday, we had eaten lunch and then went to the couch to cuddle. I was slowly brushing her hair with my fingers while talking to Kevin. I looked down to see that she had fallen asleep. Other than her being sick, that was a moment I wish I could capture forever. In one of the books I'm reading, there's a quote that says, "The days are long but the years are short." I agree. Sometimes the days are short, too, though. Moments of snuggling with my daughter are too priceless to forget.