Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hang Gliding & Ipanema Beach. . .


Yes, hang gliding. Kevin did it!! So did Steve and Maggie and they all had a blast! Maybe next time I'll join them!

Here he is, getting ready for takeoff:


Hang gliding over Rio, just south of Ipanema and Leblon. He said it was awesome, but way too short. The entire flight was less than ten minutes. I think that's an incredibly long time to be flying in the air (unless I'm in an airplane)!



My sister-in-law Maggie, soaring over the city:


While the others were out flying, I took Emma and the three boys to a mall. We had some fun treats, including chocolate caramel brownies from Starbuck's, but I don't think our morning was near as exciting as the adults' morning was! Emma did enjoy getting to play with Cinderella at the mall!


We spent the afternoon on Ipanema beach again. The kids played for hours! I had fun searching for sea shells for Emma until I got knocked completely over by a wave. Apparently, I wasn't paying attention to the force of the water and had my back turned when it happened! I hadn't planned on going all the way under, but it felt good to cool off!


Kevin tried to earn a spot as "favorite uncle" to the boys, but I'm not sure this was the way to do it:





We went to a pizza/pasta place for dinner that night. It was rodizio, which is where the waiters bring different types of pizza to every table and you can choose what you want. I loved it! Emma was so exhausted from playing on the beach that she crawled up onto my lap and fell asleep. That never happens!! Unfortunately, she missed out on the dessert pizza, which was pizza crust covered with chocolate sauce and fresh strawberries or chocolate and white chocolate sauce or chocolate sauce with mini-M&Ms on it. I didn't feel at all bad about eating her share!! Needless to say, I was satisfied when we left the restaurant!! We walked along Copacabana Beach and found a few souvenirs at their outdoor street market before heading to back to the apartment for some Rook and then bed!