Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Veggie Turkey. . .


I was in charge of the salad and cold veggies for our ex-patriate Thanksgiving dinner this year, which we had on Sunday. My friend Courtney sent me a link for this cute vegetable turkey and I am SO happy with how it turned out! I had fun making it and was surprised at how simple it was! I also made a Seven-Layer salad, which was awesome, but it wasn't nearly as creative as the turkey. The only thing I'd change for next time are the eyes. The directions said to use black beans, which I conveniently had made earlier in the week. However, they seem to give the turkey a Stevie Wonder feel and that's not really what I was going for. Maybe next time I'll use something brown or white?? Happy Thanksgiving!! Gobble, gobble!

(Veggies: lettuce, cucumbers, red-yellow-green peppers, carrot sticks)