Monday, December 5, 2011

Emma's Room. . .




This room was one of the reasons I was OK with moving to a 2-bedroom apartment. The first time I walked into the room, I started doing mental measurements, knowing there would soon be a baby sharing the room with Emma. Although I didn't have exact calculations until after we had signed the contract, I figured we'd make it work. I am amazed at how well this room fits our family!! Emma's bed fits exactly where I hoped it would, with about two inches to spare!! The changing table/dresser fits perfectly at the end of the bed. By perfectly, I don't even think there's an inch of wiggle room!! Her Brazilian closet fit, along with a bookshelf and room for a stack of totes. (I'm a tote-lover, by the way.) It's still very surreal for me to walk into Emma's room and see the crib set up. It makes me smile every time and whisper thank you to God. I'm really excited for our girls to share a room. I'm so thankful we were able to find a place that fits us so well. We've been enjoying the apartment so much that Kevin even suggested looking for one when we move back to the States!! We'll see!