Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Moby Wrap. . .

Kevin, sporting the Moby. . .

One of the Americans brought me back a Moby Wrap. I had seen these before, but never tried one. Oh my goodness! I love it!! It's a lot of material, but once I get all wrapped up, I feel so safe and comfortable wearing it. We also have a Kelty Kids pack that someone gave us for Emma. We used that a ton. The other day, I was wearing the Kelty when I went to pick Emma up from school. One of the teachers was in awe and so interested in it. "Que legal!" she said, which means, "How cool!" Then she asked me if I could drive while wearing it. I stopped short. Was this a trick question?? Nope. She was dead serious. I politely said no, but was thinking, "Sure, if I were an idiot, I would wear my newborn in a front-pack carrier while operating a car!" Then I remembered where we live. This area, or at least this town, is stuck in the '70s. I know my mom didn't have us in carseats or seatbelts, at least not until we were older. It's not uncommon here to see babies riding in the front seat on the lap of the passenger, who, by the way, is never wearing a seatbelt. Oh, and two or three other kids are jumping around in the back seat. Oh, the life here! For us, we'll continue using Adri's carseat for the car and leave the Moby Wrap for our walks!