Saturday, November 10, 2012

Today is Her Day. . .

Today is my mom's birthday. She would have been 75 years old today. It's been eight and a half years since I last held her hand. Since I felt her cheek against mine. Since I said goodbye to her. Time has eased the pain of losing her but some days I long for her more intensely than ever before. It seems the questions I have keep piling up and I would love nothing more than to just sit with her on a comfy couch and hear all she would have to share. One day, I believe I'll get to do that with her. I believe I'll see her again in Heaven. Some days I can't even grasp that. I can't even fathom what Heaven will be like. I long for it. I long for that Place where there will be no more pain, no more tears, and I'll see Jesus face to face. I imagine my mom just sitting in His presence. After all those years of raising babies and loving her family, she's sitting comfortably at the feet of the One who created her. He created her so beautifully, on this day so many years ago. I am thankful. What a great mom.

No comments: