Wednesday, August 14, 2013

New Paint. . .

While visiting my brother in Manhattan, I fell in love with this color of paint! I immediately went home, bought a can of paint and had Emma's bathroom painted two days later!! The name of the paint is Armagnac. Did you know that Armagnac is a distinctive type of brandy from southwest France? Yes, well, I was reading a book that was set in Germany during WWII and one of the characters was getting drunk on Armagnac! I was extremely excited to make the connection and finally know how to pronounce the name!
From Wikipedia. ..
"It makes disappear redness and burning of the eyes, and stops them from tearing; it cures hepatitis, sober consumption adhering. It cures gout, cankers, and fistula by ingestion; restores the paralysed member by massage; and heals wounds of the skin by application. It enlivens the spirit, partaken in moderation, recalls the past to memory, renders men joyous, preserves youth and retards senility. And when retained in the mouth, it loosens the tongue and emboldens the wit, if someone timid from time to time himself permits."
And it's this color. I love it. (The color. Not the drink. I haven't tried the drink yet. Not sure I will if it's that color!)

No comments: