Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Nutcracker, Mommy/Daughter Date. . .

For the second year in a row, I took Emma to the ballet for a Christmas present. It's a special date that I've decided to have with her each Christmas and I so hope the tradition continues! This year we invited a friend of Emma's, Morgan, and her mom. We had been getting to know them and I went out on a limb and invited them to join us. We all dressed up and went to eat at Granite City before heading over to the Adler Theater to see the Nutcracker. I had never seen it before, so it was really great to share it with Emma!!
Morgan and her mom, Cindy, with us. I didn't know at the time just how great our friendship would become! We've been so fortunate to have their family in our lives!
We all had such a great time. Cindy and I were talking about how we didn't really get dates with our moms when we were little. She's one of seven kids, so she understands some of the realities of larger families. We were both so excited to be able to share this experience with our girls and with each other! SUCH a fun night in so many ways!!


No comments: