Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Christmas With Just Our Fam. . .

The months are getting away from me, but these pictures take me back to a sweet time we had together as a family. Because we travel to Kansas every year for Christmas, we've started celebrating a few days early with just our family. This past year, Emma read the Christmas story to us out of one of her little books. It was amazing to me to listen to her read, knowing how far she's come in the past few years. She enjoyed getting to read to us and Adri then tried to follow suit.
The girls had fun opening gifts. Kevin and I had fun buying them: books for our bookworm and a pink and black football for our active child!
Adri was so happy she kissed her football!
Books are always a gift in our home.
I love these happy, silly girls! 
We didn't get each other gifts this year. We shopped for refugees who had recently come to the United  States and we donated money towards Operation Christmas Child and Samaritan's Purse. We have so much stuff in our lives and we are grateful for the many blessings we have. Over the past few years, we've just felt like we want to give to others during Christmas. Honestly, I'm just so thankful for the man I get to call my husband. What a gift from a gracious Creator!
I found a unique fair-trade store here in the Quad Cities. I was overwhelmed by all the crafts and goods in the tiny store. We walked away with decorated gourds from South America. When I see these gourds, I'm reminded of how creative people have to be to earn a living. What an incredible talent to be able to decorate something I'd probably throw in my mulch pile!
Someone at CC knew Emma had a huge fascination with magnets last year and directed me toward these awesome magnetic sticks. I have seen her play with these sticks for hours at a time over the last nine months! Definitely worth it! I love seeing her creativity come out!
The next morning, the day before we left for Kansas, the girls opened a few more gifts as well as their stockings.
Emma was ecstatic to open her new ukelele. She's playing several chords now and loves taking lessons from her dad!
Adri was pretty thrilled with her new xylophone, too!
I love their happiness!!
Family picture time!!
Stockings!!
I loved our family time celebrating Jesus' birth by giving gifts to our girls. 

No comments: