Friday, October 23, 2009

The Ex-Pat Girls. . .

So, here we are, female ex-pats living in Brazil! From left, Holly, Barbara, Silvia, Mollie, Me, and Emma. We all went to dinner the other night and had a great time eating yummy food and talking in English!! It doesn't happen very often that we're all together, so this was fun!
Holly and her husband are expecting a baby boy in February, so we'll have another little American in the town! Barbara loves on Emma so well and has been a great support in living here! Silvia is actually from Germany. She and her husband were on assignment in the Quad Cities when they decided to take a little 2-5 year detour to Brazil! Maybe I'll learn Deutsch while I'm here too! Mollie works with Kevin and is my running/exercising partner! She's inspired me to start lifting weights, exercise more, and eat clean and healthy!! I'm so glad we're not alone here. I probably wouldn't have known these women had we not moved here. Since we're all in the same situation, we've become friends and we kind of help each other on those not-so-fun days of ex-pat living!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shirt!

Kevin Sandi Emma Adri said...

Ha! I figured you'd be the only one to notice it! I love it!! I should get paid for advertising, shouldn't I??