Thursday, October 15, 2009

Final Night in Foz. . .


Emma's dress was a present from Aunt Linda and it's finally warm enough for her to wear it!

One of the reasons for taking our little vacation last weekend was because I have a pretty big birthday coming up in a few weeks. A few months ago Kevin asked me what I wanted and I realized I just wanted to see another part of the world. Fortunately, this amazing place was within driving distance and it was a fairly cheap trip overall. On our last night in Foz do Iguacu, we took Emma swimming at the hotel pool and then went to dinner at a fun little restaraunt. The weather was beautiful and we were able to sit outside. Emma and I shared Suco de Abacaxi (Pineapple Juice) and Suco de Morango (Strawberry Juice). We were super excited about the menu because they had Mexican food!! I ordered quesadillas and Kevin had burritos. Mmm . . . I sure do miss El Rancho. If I were in Ottumwa, I'd eat there every other day until my birthday. There, or I'd order a Pepperoni/Mushroom pizza from Papa Murphy's, bake it at Kristen's house and eat half of it. Then I'd eat spoonfulls of cookie dough and maybe a few baked cookies. Wheww. . . that was a tangent! But on that note, only two more months until I can satisfy those cravings! Back to the trip. . . We had a fairly uneventful drive home. We were all exhausted but excited to sleep in our own beds! Fun trip. PS Anyone who comes to visit us will be taken to the Falls, we've decided. Any takers??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww. She looks adorable in that dress! Glad it still fits!