Monday, October 19, 2009

Oatmeal Fudge Revel Bars. . .

Emma likes these too! This is her begging her daddy with those precious eyes!
I think this dessert might possibly be my favorite. . . ever! Yes, even more than Oreo Balls!! I can eat a whole pan of these goodies! Not good for the hips, but isn't oatmeal good for you? I made these for my birthday. . . but they were gone the next day and I have over a week to go! Guess I'll have to make some more for me:) So, here's the recipe for the bars:
Oatmeal Fudge Revel Bars
Cookie Dough:
3/4 c shortening
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
1 c flour (white or wheat)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 c quick-cooking oats

Filling:
1 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 small can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 T vanilla

Prepare cookie dough. Place 3/4 of it in greased 9x13 pan. Melt chocolate chips and condensed milk together in pan. Stir in vanilla flavoring. Pour over cookie dough immediately. Take remaining dough and sprinkle over melted chocolate mixture. Then, gently pat it down smoothe. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Cool (if you have patience) and cut into bars. However, they are incredibly yummy even right out of the oven. . . even if you burn your mouth, it's kind of worth it! These freeze really well (if you have patience) or they disappear quickly if you have no self-control!
When I made these in the States, I always doubled the recipe and used a jelly roll pan. I was less likely to eat the whole pan then! I can't tell you how excited I was to have found all the ingredients here! The brown sugar is a little different, so I was nervous, but, well, they're gone. I guess that speaks for the yumminess! Thanks so much to Tracy B. for this amazing recipe!

No comments: