Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Few Small Decorations. . .

We're leaving in just two weeks for our trip to the States. We brought all our Christmas decorations with us, but since we weren't going to be here, I didn't want to decorate. Then I started hearing Christmas music in the stores and saw all the pretty decorations other people had out. I decided we just had to put a few things out. Emma had so much fun helping me decorate our tiny tree. We actually have a 15-inch tree and a 3-foot tree. She's informed me that the baby tree is her tree. She redecorates it almost every day!! I love sharing the Christmas story with her and singing Christmas songs. She loves to hear about Baby Jesus and Mary and Joseph. The other day she mentioned something about laying her kitty in its manger.
Alas, not all the lights worked! WHY?? I'm guessing it just wouldn't be a normal time of decorating if I plugged in the lights and they all worked!!
I love this wine bottle jacket! So cute!
The fake lights for Emma's tree. Makes it easy for her to undecorate when she wants to.
I'm so thankful for transformers!! Without them, I wouldn't be able to use ANY of my lights!! We have a few large transformers for our appliances, like our coffee maker, toaster, KitchenAid, juicer, and also for our TV, DVD player, curling iron, sewing machine, etc. Then we have a few small ones for things like lights, lamps, and fans. Really, I'm so thankful for them!!

No comments: