Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Brothers. . .


Today, my oldest brother Doug (on the left) is celebrating his 53rd birthday! On May 24th, my second oldest brother Fred celebrated his 52nd birthday. For 9 days out of every year, these guys are the same age!! My mom was 19 when Doug was born and 20 when Fred joined the family less than a year later!!! I'm always amazed when I think about that. She didn't stop there. . . the third child came along 19 months later, then the fourth 13 months after that. And so on, and so on, until my younger brother was born (12 months after me). 15 children and 8 miscarriages in less than 24 years. (This post is a Happy Birthday post to my brothers, but my mom was pretty incredible, too.)
They've been wrestling since the day Fred was born!!
Happy Birthday to two men I respect greatly, wish I knew more deeply, and am so very thankful for!! Love you guys!!