Saturday, June 19, 2010

Our Dads. . .

Emma's Papa Ben. The man who gave Kevin permission to marry me. The man who was married to my mom for almost 48 years. The man I call Dad. I love him.

Grandpa Milo (Kevin's dad's dad), Emma's Dad,
Grandpa Robert (Kevin's dad)
We have some very important men in our lives: our dads. I just asked Kevin what he thinks of when he thinks about his dad. He replied, "I've always thought that my dad was one of the most humble men I know."
There's something about the relationship between a father and his child. Something so sweet. Something so deep. So much of what we know and believe about our dads impacts what we think we know and believe about God.
I feel like I have some really deep thoughts regarding dads, but tonight, as I think about Father's Day tomorrow, I realize I'm just really grateful. Over the last three years, I've watched my husband grow into his role as a father. He's amazing. He's loving. He's attentive. He's humble. He's sweet. He's doing the best he can with his other half. In recognizing that, I recognize that both of our dads spent our childhoods raising us to the best of their ability, and they loved us through it all. They weren't perfect, but they were amazing. They are amazing.
Happy Father's Day to our dads.