Monday, July 5, 2010

Hair. . .

Before and After
During

Before and After
My scalp was red for a few days!!
I was just telling some girls a few weeks ago that I've never colored my hair (other than a 24-day washout I did in college). I'm not totally against it, but it's just not something I've really ever wanted to do or felt like I needed to do. I always thought if I ever did it, I'd want to go darker. Well, last week on Wednesday, on a whim, I made an appointment for Friday morning. I was sure I wanted to go darker, but I didn't look at any pictures before I went in. As I walked into the salon, I really noticed the hairdresser's hair for the first time. I've always thought her hair was black, but Friday morning I noticed a bit of red in it. I said, "That's what I want!" She laughed and said she had already chosen my new color for me!! Fortunately, it was pretty much the same thing as hers. I sat in the chair and relaxed as she started to paint my hair. An hour and a half later, I walked out of the salon with a different color of hair! I really like it. I'm not totally in love with it. It's kind of funky and fun, but I realized I actually love my natural color of hair:) That's probably better for the budget anyway! My hair just isn't something I've ever really spent money on. I get it cut 2-3 times a year and I buy the cheap shampoo and conditioner. I love ponytails and dread straightening my hair because it takes so long. Anyway, I'm glad I spent some time on my hair and did something fun and new:)