Thursday, July 15, 2010

Homemade Tortillas (and Mexican Night). . .

Last Sunday, Mollie gave us a lesson in making homemade tortillas!! I am at a loss for words as to how important this is to us!! See, we can't buy tortillas in our little town, so we have to rely on Kevin's trips to the big city. He usually buys several packages and then we ration them out until his next trip. Now I can make them at home and enjoy them whenever I want! Oh, and they are super-healthy, easy to make and cheap!! Triple-whammy!!

It's not pizza dough, but I pretended it was.

Mollie (our chef), Barbara and Silvia

The final product!! After we made all the tortillas, we sat down for a Mexican meal, complete with chips and guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, colby/jack cheese, and incredible meats (chicken and beef) that Barbara had made. My mouth was watering and I was very satisfied when we finished eating!! Mmm. I love Mexican food!