Monday, December 13, 2010

Cottonball Santa. . .


Kind of a deer-in-the-headlights look. . .
The rain was coming down in sheets yesterday morning when we woke up. We stayed in our pajamas for most of the morning. OK, pretty much all day. We listened to music, ate fresh fruit and chocolate chip banana muffins, read some books and made a craft. I saw this Santa on a friend's blog and free-handed the picture. (Thanks Leslie!!) Emma LOVED gluing the cottonballs on Santa's beard! I've forgotten how fun simple crafts were! I'd like to be a better planner and have something ready more often for her to create.
Lately, she's been really interested in puzzles and coloring. She has a 100-piece puzzle and a 48-piece puzzle and she can put both of then together with almost zero help! I've been taking her to class with me for the past few weeks because we don't have a maid anymore (story for another post) and she likes to sit and color while I'm learning! She loves to draw letters and shapes and she's put her puzzles together at least fifty times each!! When I was little, putting puzzles together was one of my favorite things to do! I loved finding where all the pieces were supposed to go. My mom even bought me some puzzle glue so I could hang a few of them on my wall. My favorite puzzle was the one of truffles and pretty decorated chocolates. I can still see that puzzle in my mind. I can't wait to buy Emma more puzzles. I'm having about as much fun as she is!!