Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Speedo. . .

I was told the men in Brazil are very comfortable wearing Speedos at the beach, but I had no idea. I was just amazed. Kevin informed me he would never, on any occasion, be caught in one of those! Which reminds me. . . several times over the last year, I'd go searching for my bikini so I could swim in our pool. I was always confused as to why I could only to find the top half. I would dig through all my drawers and rack my brain, trying to remember where I had placed my bikini bottoms. Every single time, I found the bottoms in Kevin's underwear drawer!! No, he wasn't stealing my bikini bottoms, our maid was mistakingly thinking they belonged to him. Because she put away laundry, naturally, she put the bikini where she thought it should go. We had several laughs about that! Now I understand that it really wouldn't be all that unusual for Kevin to be wearing something similar to my bikini bottoms!! Yikes!!
So, another cultural difference (in my opinion). . .
You've got the older men. . .

The younger boys. . .
The dad of the boys. . .

The runner with a backpack. . .
And this guy, well, I just can't take him too seriously. The white speedo just shouldn't exist in my opinion. Enough said. No more speedos!