Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Simple Things. . .

. . .like tortillas. . .

. . . and cottage cheese. . .

I found these two things in a grocery store here in Horizontina last week!!! I bought every bag of tortillas and three containers of cottage cheese, because finding them here doesn't mean I'll always find them here. I've learned not to get my hopes up. Emma hasn't eaten cottage cheese for about two years so I wasn't sure what she'd think. I cut up some fresh peaches and threw them in a bowl with the cottage cheese. She downed it!
I pretty much never buy chips, but last month I found a flavor of Doritos that I'd never seen here. Turned out they were good old-fashioned tortilla chips! Kevin was pretty stoked. He told me I should stock up. The next day, I went back and bought ten bags. Seriously. We're still eating them. So, we now make our own guacamole and our own salsa and we have tortillas and tortilla chips. For this Mexican-food-loving family, that's a pretty good deal.
It's amazing how simple things can make life so good!!