Thursday, April 18, 2013

Flash flooding!!!

We haven't had any of the crazy snow that the Colorado people have had, but it's been raining here for the past few days. Last night, the creek started rising and this is what I saw when the sky lightened this morning. From the first picture, I'm standing just outside our basement - about 15 yards from the creek.
The next picture is taken from our front porch. This is a small drainage ditch that flows into Crow Creek, which runs behind our house.
Normally you can see another 7-10 feet of embankment, so the water is really flowing today! The bottom left is the drainage ditch. A few days ago, it was about six inches deep!
The last one was taken from our deck on the main level. I'll be praying today that the creek doesn't rise any more! If I had a raft, I could float my way to the Mississippi River!

1 comment:

Jayden Montoya said...

Oh my gosh! How that happened?!