Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Yellowstone Day 3 (Artist's Paint Pots). . .

Our final stop for the day was at the Artist's Paint Pots, which were on the way back to the cabin. It was a fairly quick stop and only half of us made the trip, but I'm really glad I chose to visit this place. I was again amazed at the fact that someone decided to build walkways along the boiling mudpits, but at the same time, I was thankful to witness more of the features of the park!
The smell of sulfur was overwhelming at times. Some places smelled of rotten eggs! There were actually signs stating the chemicals that were evaporating could actually be hazardous to your health. Nice.
From the top. . .
Boiling, bubbling pit of mud!!
Emma and I made a quick stop to pose behind one of the dead trees. These trees were everywhere! I wonder how old they are and when they died.
After another full day in the park, we finally headed back to the cabin! All of us were exhausted, but I think it was a really successful day! So much to see and we saw a ton!!

No comments: