Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Iguaçu Falls - Brazil

By far, one of my most favorite places in the world, even on a rainy day! Iguacu Falls was recently voted one of the new top seven wonders of the world. This was our third trip there in the last two years and I'll go again if the opportunity arises! We live about five hours south of the falls, making it an easy trip worth making!

For almost two hours, you can walk along a pathway that gives an amazing view of the falls. I am continually in awe of God's creation. What a beautiful place to be!


We all had to wear plastic jackets because the rain was constant! It wasn't a pouring rain, but it was enough that we couldn't escape it! The kids were great sports about getting wet. They were easily entertained by the disgusting quati and slimy worms that were crawling along the banisters. Emma would have taken a few home with her had I let her.

At the end of the pathway, we climbed to the top where we could see the Iguacu river that feeds the falls. It's just breathtaking to watch the force of the water tumble over the edge.


After a wet morning, we went into the city of Foz do Iguacu. We spent some time shopping and eating and then visited one of the large tourist junk stores. Kevin was unimpressed by the artifact I wanted to take home. Although I thought it was a pregnant lady, I later became undecided. Now I'm pretty sure it was a man. Or else it was a really ugly, weird-looking woman with a large belly. Check out all the junk we could have picked up! Fortunately, we made it out of the store without spending any money!!