Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Little Bride. . .




Among the dress up clothes is a white Cinderella dress and a veil. Recently, Emma has had a lot of questions about weddings and brides and husbands and marriage. I love hearing her questions and listening to her comments and talking to her about my own marriage. The other day she pulled out the white clothing and said, "Mommy, please help me. I'm going to be a bride." As I was helping her, I asked her who she was going to marry. Smiling sheepishly, she said, "I'm going to marry Daddy." She's said this before and I think it's adorable. This time, I told her that she couldn't marry Daddy because I already married him (and I left out the part that it's weird and wrong and incestuous and we just don't do that). "Oh, well, I'm just going to pretend that I'm going to marry Daddy, because I love him so much. But I won't really marry him. Is that OK?" She practiced walking around in her dress several times before he came home from his trip. On Saturday, she put her dress and veil on again and stood before her daddy. I love that he told her that he would walk her down the aisle, but that she would get to marry another very special man. He's going to have to be very, very special because right now, her daddy is in first place!!