Friday, July 26, 2013

Heidelberg Apothecary Museum. . .

Our final touristy thing to do was the German Pharmacy Museum. I found it fascinating! To be a pharmacist required intense training and a vast knowledge of the science of medicine. Below are a few photos of what an early pharmacist's shop would have looked like.
Scale on the table for accurate measurements.
Part of the laboratory where chemicals were mixed. . .
Children's Pharamacy (Kinderapotheke)
Another pharmacy from years ago. . .
I loved this.
This pharmacist's table was found in an old barn and was being used as a workbench. The paint was removed and the original wood is now shown. The table itself is a masterpiece, I think.
Another item in the laboratory. . .
I'm not sure why I didn't study medicine. Maybe someday I will. It fascinates me on several levels. I loved visiting the Apothecary Museum. It was a fun surprise to find it while visiting the castle!

No comments: