Wednesday, December 23, 2009

No Place Like Home. . .

So much to write, but so little time! We left Ottumwa yesterday thinking we would beat the storm and stay in KC for the night. After shopping and eating, Kevin suggested we drive all the way home to his parents' house. So. . . sometime last night we arrived in Moundridge. My brain isn't fully functioning to be able to write details (due to pulling an almost-all-nighter on Monday night), but my heart is happy and I am so thankful for the time we had in our old town. I did cry before we left town, until I smelled the Excel meat-packing plant. Then I was OK to leave! When I get a chance to upload photos and sit down to type, I'll have a plethera of posts! Unfortunately, that probably won't be until we land in the southern hemisphere!
We'll be at Kevin's parents' place until the 29th and then head to see my family. His brother's wedding is this Saturday, so the next few days will be very full!!
While I love posting to this blog, I realized the need for it is less because I can actually talk to people. I love that. Time to go wrap presents and rest! Really, there's no place like home. . .