Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mouth-Watering Muffins. . .

The bananas here are so sweet and tasty. I should be making banana bread and muffins every week, but I usually forget. I had a few frozen bananas from several months ago just waiting to be used, which totally reminds me of my mom. When I was a kid, I'd open the freezer in search of a sweet treat from the Schwan's man and would find twenty black bananas staring back at me. I was always disgusted by the sight. Who'd want to eat rotten black bananas?? It wasn't until I began cooking myself that I made the connection between those frozen black bananas and Mom's amazing Banana Bread! Now whenever bananas start to go bad before we get around to eating them, I just throw them in the freezer. At the risk of disgusting Emma, I only got up to twelve before I decided to use most of them! Mmm . . . I'm not sure if it's the massive amounts of unfrozen rotten bananas I threw into the recipe or the chocolate chips, but this was definitely one of the better batches of muffins I've ever tasted! (Maybe it was the butter??)
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
2 eggs
2 1/3 c. mashed overripe bananas
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Grease muffin tin. Mix ingredients. Fill tins to top. Sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips. Bake at 350 until edges are browned and knife comes out clean.

No comments: