Friday, June 25, 2010

Oopsy-Daisy. . .

I'm a little nervous right now. See, I, um, accidently dropped some toilet paper in the toilet. Since I didn't want to fish it out (gag!), I flushed it. I flushed it. Now I'm terrified. Except for our short trip home in December, I haven't flushed toilet paper down the toilet for 14 months. I've heard stories about flushing toilet paper here. I've heard the sewage system just can't handle it and if I do it, it'll back up and the toilet will overflow and the plumber will have to be called and then the whole neighborhood will know that I flushed my toilet paper (because people gossip here and that would be something fun to gossip about. . . I can just picture it - "Hey, you know those Americans that are living here? Well, guess what she did??) Anyway, I prayed as I flushed the toilet and watched my few squares of Scott tissue disappear. Then I laughed as I realized how much I've changed over the last 14 months. Funny. I'm afraid to flush toilet paper!! I wonder how long it'll take me to revert to my old ways when we move back to the States!!