Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hooker and Angel. . .

While I was back in Ruleton, I planned a trip to Hooker, OK to see my sister Marilyn and her family. I hadn't been to Hooker in over ten years, and one of the best ways to spend time with my dad is to take him on a road trip. So, we (Dad, his wife Barbara, Emma and I) drove to Hooker on a Sunday morning.

Since it was about a three hour drive to Hooker, Emma decided to pass the time by filing her nails. She's really been copying me lately. She now likes to file her nails, pop zits and pull gray hairs. She also likes to go for long runs, so at least I'm teaching one healthy habit, right??

We ate lunch and then the kids went outside to play. I mostly talked with Marilyn, so I don't have very many pictures from our trip. At one point, Sage and Sidney took Emma and me to see their animals. They have horses and goats and puppies. Emma loved the goats, especially the one named Angel! Angel tried to lick Emma's face and eat her hair. Over a month later, she still talks about that crazy goat!

The whole Fischer clan with my dad, Emma, and me

While Marilyn and I were talking, the kids made dinner. Sage and Sidney surprised us with some homemade cheesecake. Because we needed to get on the road, we didn't have time to wait for the cheesecake to cool. We pretty much ate it out of the pie pan (a Duell trait that will never die)! I felt so at home when Marilyn said, "Sandi, grab a spoon and dig in!" My mom would have shook her head and said, "You scrounges!" I'm not sure where I learned that eating out of the serving dish was OK. My mom thought it was horrible! I'm going to blame it on the older siblings!! Anyway, that cheesecake was the best I've had in years!! Thanks girls!!
I love being on the road. I love traveling to see my family and friends! I love that Emma is such a great traveler! The quick day-trip to Hooker was well worth the time in the car to get there!!