Thursday, September 30, 2010

Jane's. . .

Emma's cousins Sadie, Ariane and Casja
The girls thought it would be funny to teach Emma how to pop a water balloon in her mouth. Having never done it before, she had no idea what they were teaching her to do! She tried and tried and finally. . .
. . . it popped, soaking the front of her! Casja just thought is was absolutely hilarious and Emma looked at me as if she was confused.
Then they taught her how to bite a tiny hole in the balloon and drink the water. I almost stopped her, scared that she'd contract some stomach disease from the dirty water. Then I remembered that we were in Colorado and not Brazil. Drink away, Little Girl!!
We spent an afternoon with my sister Jane and her three girls. They ran around the yard and played in the water for several hours. Jane and I just sat in the patio chairs and enjoyed a beautiful afternoon! I loved watching Emma play with her cousins. She had lots of cousin time while we were home and each time, I was so thankful. I'm not sure we'll ever live really close to any of her cousins. That would be awesome, but as of now, unlikely. For now, I'll just be happy for the times when she can play with them. Speaking of cousins, we were a few weeks early with our visit to Jane's. . . the girls now have a baby brother, born on the 23rd of September!!