Friday, September 3, 2010

On the Road. . .

After we dropped Kevin off at the airport in Des Moines, we drove to Blaire, Nebraska to see some friends who used to live in Ottumwa. Leah and Emma are just two months apart and they've been friends since they were born. It was great to stay up late with Karla and catch up on life. Time flew by way too quickly, but I'm so glad I made it there to see her and their new home! I stayed one night with them and then stopped in Omaha to see the Jesinas before heading to Topeka and Manhattan. My stop in Omaha was just really good. We were only at the Jesinas for a few short hours, but it was great to see them in their new home, too.
We left Omaha and drove to Topeka, KS and met my friend Nikki for dinner at Old Chicago. It's always good for me to see old friends and Nikki is one of those friends who makes me laugh and reminisce about life in Goodland.