Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Welcome Levi. . .

After I left Manhattan, I took a little detour back to Moundridge. It was Robert's birthday and I thought surprising him with one last night with his granddaughter would be a fun gift. I ended up letting them know ahead of time, so it wasn't quite a surprise, but it was a fun gift. Selfishly, I also had other plans. I left Emma with her grandparents and drove on to Wichita. While I had been in Iowa and Nebraska, my friend Amy gave birth to her son Levi. (She and her husband checked into the hospital at 8pm and welcomed Levi an hour later at 9:05pm)!!
Levi's big sister, Avery, was pretty excited! She's such a cute, amazing, beautiful little girl! We had fun becoming friends while I spent time with her mom and dad! I love this family!
Proud Daddy
I spent less than two hours with the Kanes, but it was so worth the trip! I loved being able to snuggle with Levi and talk to him. Next time I see him, he'll be crawling or walking!!
I drove back to Moundridge and celebrated the rest of Robert's birthday with him and Marcy and Jon. How? We played Rook, of course!