Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Manhappiness. . .

My alma mater. . .
Willie the Wildcat

On the Tuesday morning we were in Manhattan, Emma and I went to campus with Ben and Kristin and the kids (Jaiya and Tucker). I loved being at the old stadium. I loved being with my brother and his family. I loved spending time with them. I loved taking a few pictures for them. Manhattan holds so many great memories for me. I loved making more.

Tucker looks so much like Benjamin did when we were kids. He couldn't hide acorns in his dimples like Tucker can, but he had the same white-blond hair and pretty blue eyes!
K-State linebacker
We're brainwashing our children early. They will love K-State. They will. They will. They will. Or maybe they won't. That'll be OK, too.

I stayed with the Gevocks for the two nights I was in Manhattan. I felt like a college kid again. (After a night of babysitting their kids, I would stay up even later with Dave and Darla, talking the night away). After Emma and their kids were in bed, we stayed up past midnight (both nights I was there)!! I just loved my time with them. I'm amazed that we've known each other for over 11 years now. Today is Mary's birthday (far left) and she's 16! I met her when she was only 5!! Wow!
I took care of the 3 older kids while Darla and Dave went to the hospital to have Kristine. I held her when she was only a few hours old. Now she's 9! My heart holds many memories of the Gevocks. I sat with them and learned even more as we chatted late into the evenings. I am so incredibly grateful for them and for how they invested in me as a young (and lost) college student! They played a huge role in giving me direction during those years (and a roof over my head for a while)!!