Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hairy Legs? Already?

This morning Emma was playing with stickers. I had my back turned to her for a few minutes when she came up to me and asked if I would help her take the twenty-two stickers off of her legs. She was gently pulling on them and they wouldn't come off. I yanked one off and she winced. Poor girl. . . she's half Duell and half Schrag, meaning we've already started a fund for the electrolysis or med-laser she'll ask for when she's 16. (No, I'm not serious, but it's a good thought.) Sorry, filha. I remember when I was pregnant with her, Kevin and I joked that we were going to have the hairiest kids ever. As quickly and gently as I could, I removed the twenty-two stickers and with a very serious face, Emma said, "Mommy, I'm not going to do that again!"