Sunday, May 15, 2011

Play Dates Galore. . .

Our first day in Ottumwa flew by and I didn't take a single picture! While Kevin worked, Emma and I played. We had a morning play date at the Wigles, a Quizno's lunch, and then an afternoon play date at the Derscheid's. I loved hanging out with Julie and Jen while Emma played with their kids! The best part about this trip was getting to have play date after play date after play date!! I'm sure I loved it even more than Emma did! Spending time with other moms is so important and it's something I've really missed over the last two years. I know quite a few moms here, but play dates just aren't a regular occurrence. I'm at a point now where I realize I could be the one calling other moms! Prior to now, that idea just felt overwhelming to me!
We stayed in a different home than on our previous trips to Ottumwa. The Mitchells had moved to a new home in October and we made our reservation then! After a full day of play dates and food, we returned to their house to eat pizza with them and the Wigles. Papa Murphy's Pepperoni/Mushroom pizza did not disappoint! (However, the Jalepeno Wine that Kristen picked up was disgusting!) I have to say, as much as I love the pizza here, I do miss the cheesy yumminess of Papa Murphy's!! It was a fun night with some fun people!!