Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Halloween. . .

Halloween is not my favorite holiday. I don't despise it and it's been more fun since I've had kids. I just remember disliking it when I was a kid because everyone was so excited about it that they forgot my birthday. I know, sad. Emma loves the dress-up aspect of it, probably even more than getting candy! This year, she came up with her own costume idea and we just happened to have everything at home! Score for free costumes! One day she randomly announced that she was going to be Mrs. Claus for Halloween. Unique. I was impressed! I put her hair in a bun, gave her some rosy cheeks and added a pair of Kevin's old glasses to her costume! She was pretty adorable. Instead of carrying a bucket or bag around, she held out a muffin pan for treats.
We went to visit the residents of an assisted living home just down the street. They loved Emma's costume and kept saying she was just "so precious!" We met some friends there and walked the halls with them.
A red-headed Mrs. Claus!
Mrs. Claus had a little helper. . .
After we left the home, we came back to our house and strolled the neighborhood for more candy. The kids had a great time but it was so cold that we weren't out for long. We returned home for pizza with our friends and wrapped up the night with wrappers strewn everywhere!

No comments: