Sunday, January 5, 2014

October Snow. . .

We had the most beautiful snow in October. It didn't stick around for long, but we had so much fun the afternoon it snowed! The girls got bundled up and we made snow angels and ate snow and went sledding down our hill a few times.
First time in a snowsuit!!
The only boots I could find for Adri were a pair of hot pink cowgirl boots! They worked for the short time we were outside.
Ready to go!!! 
She wasn't quite sure of the white powder!
Unknowingly, I put Adri in the exact same hat and snowsuit that Emma was in when she was a toddler. Here's Emma, below, in January 2009. She was 20 months old. Adri is 20 months old in the picture above. I couldn't have planned this better had I tried. You can definitely tell they're sisters! Were it not for the blond wisps of hair peeking out of Adri's hat, I'd have trouble telling them apart!
Back to Adri. . .
Sharing snow. . .
I love that Adri's sticking her tongue out, too!
Mmmm, snow:)
Check out her sweet boots!
This girl is in love with the snow!
Beautiful. . .
Sledding with Adri was Emma's idea. All three of us went down together the first time and then I let the girls go down without me a few times. Adri LOVED it, although you can't tell by this picture.
How awesome that we have this hill just outside our house!
Below are pictures of Emma Jae, January 2009. My, how the time flies!
If I recall correctly, she was sad because she couldn't pick anything up with her mittens on. I wouldn't let her play outside without gloves. Not surprisingly, this girl still loves to take her mittens off to play in the snow!!
Even though it's incredibly cold outside as I write this, I am so very thankful for a warm home and warm clothes and especially a warm bed. We are incredibly blessed.

No comments: