Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Saying Goodbye. . .

I didn't realize saying goodbye would be so hard for Emma. The night before we left, she asked me if she could stay longer. She moped around the house for a few hours before we had to leave. I know she really loves her grandparents, but I didn't expect her to cry so hard. She almost couldn't contain herself! For almost twenty minutes after we said goodbye, tears just fell down her cheeks onto her lap. She kept telling me how much she was going to miss them and how great it was to be with them! I was driving so I couldn't just hug her and comfort her. Instead, we just talked about all the great things she had done with two of her favorite people in the world and then we talked about all the fun blessings she was thankful for. Adri just stared out the window. She didn't have much to say:) Had we known then that we would be returning two weeks later, Emma might not have cried so hard. We didn't know, though, so she thought it was going to be another two months before she'd get to see them again. I do so love that these girls love their grandparents!! What a great blessing they are to us all!!

No comments: