Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Long Overdue. . .

Us - Christmas 2009
On January 4th, Kevin and I celebrated 7 years together as husband and wife. By "celebrated", I mean we packed our bags and boarded a plane back to Brazil. We traveled for about 27 hours before we were able to unload our suitcases and sleep in our own bed. I can't think of another person I would have rather traveled with. There's noone else in the world I would rather share this journey of life with. I love my husband. He's an amazing man.
Next month will be our one year anniversary here in Brazil. Wow! One year already?! I can't believe it! Well, yes I can. It's been a very challenging year for us. We've been to some amazing places and met some really great people, but our lives are very different than they were a year ago. Our marriage is very different than it was a year ago. I kind of feel like we've made it to the top of a massive rocky mountain. I can take a deep breath of the sweet clean air and know that we've made it through a very difficult period of transition. We had a lot of huffing and puffing along the way and at times I wondered what the heck we were doing and questioned why we had made the irrational decision to move here! I seriously considered packing my bags (along with Emma's) and moving home. That consideration didn't last long because "home" for me means being with my husband and daughter. Together. Regardless of what language everyone around us is speaking. When I said yes to Kevin's proposal, I meant yes in a whole lot of ways. I meant that I would go with him and be with him wherever God led him. My yes has been more difficult this year because I've been more uncomfortable than ever. The good days are now outweighing the bad and though I long for familiarity sometimes, I don't want to jump ship like I used to. Our anniversary passed quite uneventfully due to our travels, but I wanted to show my husband how grateful I've been to be with him. I started pulling up pictures and reminiscing over them. So many memories in such a short time. Since I'm a few years behind on scrapbooking, I figured this was the easiest way for me to show him what makes me smile. He's traveling this week and won't be home until Friday, so Babe, this post is for you. I am so very grateful that you are my husband. I'm grateful for your hard work, your honesty, your integrity, your leadership, and your encouragement. You are an incredible husband, a loving father, and the best friend I've ever had. I love you.
Christmas 2009
Salto do Yucuma, Brazil May 2009 *** Oct.2009
John Deere Going Away party in Ottumwa, April 2009
Flight to Brazil, April 2009
First time in Brazil, Dec.2008
Going away party in Goodland, Feb.2009
Moundridge 2008
Emma's 1st birthday
KaRagBe Kansas City 2008
June 2007 ***** Christmas 2007
May 2007 ***** Colorado July 2007
April 2007 ***** May 17, 2007 (my favorite)
January 2007 ***** April 2007
My birthday Oct.29, 2006 *** Sharing our news Nov.2006
Alcatraz, Aug 2006 ** Found out I was pregnant Sept. 2006
San Francisco Aug. 2006
June 2006 *** ICubs game, Kevin's bday 2006
Tulip Time, Pella May 2006 *** April 2006
Christmas 2005 *** Chicago Dec. 2005
Chicago Marathon Oct.2005
August 2005
Garden of the Gods Aug.2005
Hike to Pike's Peak Aug.2005
Mexico Mission Trip June 2005
American Gothic House, Eldon May 2005
Hairy People, KaRagBe Osage Beach Jan. 2005
Christmas 2004
Lake Tahoe Aug.2004 *** July 2004

Christmas 2003 *** Easter 2004
These pictures make me smile. I love you Kevin.