Thursday, January 2, 2014

I-80 Trucking Museum. . .

Just west of the Quad Cities is the I-80 Trucking Museum. It sits behind the World's Largest Truck Stop and we've driven by it several times over the last 18 months. Finally, in October, I decided to take the girls there. My supervising teacher was hosting a group and this trip counted toward our required number of meetings for the year. It only took about an hour to make our way around the museum and we really took our time! I loved it, though, and Emma had fun. She wasn't allowed to climb on any of the trucks, but it was still fun to see the antiques.
Antique gas pumps. . .
Gas - $0.12. Wow.
U.S. Mail truck on skis and chains. . .
Before we went to the museum I printed off some games and trivia questions from the website. Emma had fun learning about the history of the trucking business. Her favorite truck is now the silver bullet, which we see often on our trips to Kansas.
I love the display of signs!
Neat place. Free. Worth a 30-minute stop if you're in the area!

No comments: